cyrilverba wrote:also, brian fargo repeatedly mentioned that they would do what the backers want them to do.
Then this is going to be a weird
game as it will be:
1) Both all 2D and all 3D and a hybrid of 2D and 3D
2) Run on about a dozen different game engines
3) Have the exact same combat as: Wasteland, Fallout Tactics, Frozen Synapse, JA 2, XCOM, and about six or seven other games
4) Have state-of-the-art graphics that require a state-of-the-art computer while also have graphics only slightly updated from 1988
5) Be both party-based and single character based
6) Have the players definitely start as Rangers but also have the Rangers be completely optional
7) Start in a specific location while also having at least 4 different starting points
8) Be both top-down (2D style) and isometric
9) Have a non-moving camera that you can rotate
10) Incorporate extensive survival aspects while simultaneously completely ignoring survival aspects
11) Have an extraordinarily detailed inventory system (eg: JA2) while also just having limited slots
12) Have very rare, yet abundant ammo
13) Have a multitude of energy weapons and power armor while having nothing more advanced than 1998 tech
14) Have magic while having no magic
15) Allow you to get married, pursue romantic relationships and build houses while not having any of the "Bethesda crap"
Um. Et cetera. Using "Brian's gonna do what the backers want" is a pretty poor defense of anything
. He's going to listen
to us, not do exactly what we say. For instance, Point 6 above. Fargo's already stated that you'll start as a party of Rangers, despite some vocal opponents.