Skip to content

All your props are belong to us.

The place to ask detailed technicaly questions about the crowdsourced assets experiment, and to post and discuss WIPs if you so desire.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

All your props are belong to us.

Postby d-Koy » January 30th, 2013, 7:39 pm

I am very happy to announce I bought our first batch of assets off the store today. Still waiting for a few more to trickle in, and then we will be announcing our "Pick-of-the-Litter" for each category. Great job, and thanks to so many of you for including our badges on your pics :D

There are a few that will require me to upgrade my Unity first, so those purchases are coming. Just waiting to get past our current top secret efforts to upgrade, so as to avoid blowing everything up.

And so, I conclude this announcement with a hearty thank you, and some hand clapping that this all actually worked, finally!!!

And in true form, got a round of Batch 3 in today, looks like you all are not going to give me a moments rest.

Back to the grindstone...
dKoy vanOteghem
enviroArtist
inXile entertainment
d-Koy

Re: All your props are belong to us.

Postby Kryptex » January 30th, 2013, 8:39 pm

Does this mean we should have received an email one way or the other by now? (Mine has been pending review for over a month now.) :(
Kryptex

Postby Brother None » January 31st, 2013, 2:34 am

A quick search of the Unity Asset Store turned up the following "as seen in Wasteland 2" assets. Not necessarily a complete list.

Satellite Dish/Communication TowerOld Flatbed Train Car
Wasteland 2 Turret
Wasteland Water Tower
Wasteland Water Tower
Dilapidated Car
Shanty Shack Pack
Sandstone Rocks
Rocks Pack
Desert Sandstone
Weathered Bike
Bike and Rack Set
Bicycle and Rack
Dilapidated Car
WCE - Turret
WCE - Bicycle
Old Satellite Dish
Water Tower

Kryptex wrote:Does this mean we should have received an email one way or the other by now? (Mine has been pending review for over a month now.) :(

There seem to be occasional errors on Unity's end. Send in a help ticket with them or as d-Koy mentions here, if you're suspicious that it's stuck, give him the name of the package so he can check (via PM or in that thread).
Thomas Beekers
Line Producer
Brother None

Postby Tets » January 31st, 2013, 7:55 am

looking forward to destroy some of the robots :D :twisted:

Edit: heres another one: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/5902

you can find many of the models with this link: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/search/Wasteland
Tets

Postby Trappey » January 31st, 2013, 10:12 am

Here's mine:

Rusty Sentry Turret

Think I somehow managed to not put "Wasteland" anywhere in the description (i'll go fix that) so it's not appearing in the more obvious search, Doh!
Trappey

Postby PowerPointRanger » January 31st, 2013, 3:44 pm

Trappey wrote:Think I somehow managed to not put "Wasteland" anywhere in the description (i'll go fix that) so it's not appearing in the more obvious search, Doh!

Well, there might be a slight problem with that.
Hi there,
We have decided to not allow Wasteland or inXile to be included in titles of packages that have been created for the contest. However feel free to include them throughout the description.

It's too bad Unity Store doesn't feature a more flexible tag system, really. Oh well, the badges are more than enough.

Anyways, here's my contribution, for what it's worth:
http://u3d.as/content/power-point-range ... turret/43m
PowerPointRanger

Postby d-Koy » January 31st, 2013, 4:51 pm

PowerPointRanger wrote:
Trappey wrote:Think I somehow managed to not put "Wasteland" anywhere in the description (i'll go fix that) so it's not appearing in the more obvious search, Doh!

Well, there might be a slight problem with that.
Hi there,
We have decided to not allow Wasteland or inXile to be included in titles of packages that have been created for the contest. However feel free to include them throughout the description.

It's too bad Unity Store doesn't feature a more flexible tag system, really. Oh well, the badges are more than enough.

Anyways, here's my contribution, for what it's worth:
http://u3d.as/content/power-point-range ... turret/43m

Ah, I c u now! I will make the purchase right away. sorry about that, yes, I was searching for "Wasteland", which you can put in your description without getting slapped. Now that I have a more narrow list, I was going to refine my search to root our the non-wasteland mentioning props, but this is one less that i have to look for, thanks!

Bear in mind, all, that if you submitted Batch 1 assets past the deadline, it might not be reviewed yet, many of those are being reviewed along with Batch 2, which is not a big deal, will be getting your letter a bit late.
dKoy vanOteghem
enviroArtist
inXile entertainment
d-Koy

Postby cw8 » February 1st, 2013, 12:51 am

Is there a way to put free for Inxile only, and charge money for the public?
cw8

Postby Tets » February 2nd, 2013, 7:31 pm

here is a better link to see (probably) all assets used in W2: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/se ... 0wasteland
Tets

Postby sparkee666 » February 2nd, 2013, 7:47 pm

There are large differences between simmilar props; not only in design but also in the way the skins and textures are made. I'm not a 3d expert by anymeans, but this question has been on my mind for a couple of weeks now.

How will you make all of the props have a consistant look when they are placed in the game?
clearly all these people who wanted an old school experience never actually went to that school
sparkee666

Postby ButchinMelancholy » February 3rd, 2013, 3:36 am

sparkee666 wrote:How will you make all of the props have a consistant look when they are placed in the game?

Had this in mind too.
I guess you're going to touch some of them up a little anyway?
What will change the world in the first place is not what we will do, but what we will refuse to do yet...
ButchinMelancholy

Postby Woolfe » February 3rd, 2013, 5:40 am

Is a consistent look required?

It is from the proportions and weather effects etc point of view, but I thought part of the reason was to get a somewhat eclectic mix of different designs. Kind of like life. Emulating different manufacturers and similar.
As a mod I am here to uphold the Forum Rules, feel free to pm me or the other mods with concerns.

My opinions however are my own. Mostly cause no one else wants them :)
Woolfe

Postby ButchinMelancholy » February 3rd, 2013, 6:13 am

We're not talking about uniformity, but consistency in the sense of relevant proportions, detail and texture quality so that the game doesn't look clumsy. I'm sure the team can easily choose what's consistent in terms of style, but there are certainly a few technical issues here that we're curious to know how they'll be solved...
What will change the world in the first place is not what we will do, but what we will refuse to do yet...
ButchinMelancholy

Postby Woolfe » February 4th, 2013, 3:32 pm

ButchinMelancholy wrote:We're not talking about uniformity, but consistency in the sense of relevant proportions, detail and texture quality so that the game doesn't look clumsy. I'm sure the team can easily choose what's consistent in terms of style, but there are certainly a few technical issues here that we're curious to know how they'll be solved...

Ah fair enough, that I understand.
As a mod I am here to uphold the Forum Rules, feel free to pm me or the other mods with concerns.

My opinions however are my own. Mostly cause no one else wants them :)
Woolfe

Postby Tets » February 6th, 2013, 4:20 am

New models are online (Computer, Door, Lab Equipment, more shacks) :D

I think they did something to enhance the search: searching for wasteland an inxile allows me to find this model, even though i cant find these words anywhere: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/6211
Tets

Postby BANG » February 7th, 2013, 1:16 am

BANG

Postby Tets » February 8th, 2013, 2:19 pm

three new assets online:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/6215 Science Lab Table Equipment
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/6153 Metal Shelf with Retro Electronics
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/5729 Shanty Shack
Tets

Postby shadowman » February 10th, 2013, 11:02 am

Happy to see my shack in that list!
shadowman

Postby d-Koy » February 13th, 2013, 12:14 am

we'll, now that the video is out and everyone has had a chance to see a few props in game, I hope at least some of the questions are quelled regarding getting things to fit style wise. most props fall pretty well within the style, and placement, lighting, post, and other FX go a good way into bring it all together.

We'll continue to refine our approach, but at least now you have a taste as to what things look like after it's all said and done :)

Thanks again for all your hard work, it's really making us feel pretty damn good about the participation.
dKoy vanOteghem
enviroArtist
inXile entertainment
d-Koy

Postby Kryptex » February 14th, 2013, 11:41 am

Mine made it! :D

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/6087

Seems like the Asset store doesn't like images with alphas though, so I will more than likely update it with new pictures. I do have what I think sounds like a stupid question. On the store page for mine the publisher is Kryptex90, which is usually my screen name for most things. Will this be the name that appears credited, or will it be the name from PayPal? (I would prefer the PayPal one, as it is my real name :P )
Kryptex

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Crowdsourced Unity Assets Forum